- NEW 2016-2017 Literacy-Based Promotion Act Parents as Partners Presentation
- Helping Your Child Learn to Read – A Parent Guide (K-3)
- PTA: Parents’ Guides to Student Success
ELL Resources for Parents
- Parent Read at Home Plan
- Parent Read-at-Home Plan (Spanish version)
- Family Guides for Student Success
- Family Guides for Student Success (Spanish versions)
- Practical Tips for Using the Family Guide to Student Success
- Parent and Family Guide to Understanding RtI
- Reading Rockets
- Reading is Fundamental Book Lists
- Reading is Fundamental Activities
Ask your school or local librarian for recommended books. Your child’s interests will play a role in selecting books. Click here to find a library in your area.
Find books at your child’s reading level by using a Lexile measure. Parents use Lexile measures to help their children with homework and school reading, and to guide their children in picking leisure reading. A child’s Lexile range is like a reading safety zone. When parents know their child’s Lexile measure, they know how to challenge independent readers and help struggling readers — without themselves having to read every book in the library. Click here to use the Lexile measure to find great books for your child. Use the Lexile measure to help your child find a book this summer.