What you need to be asking your child’s teacher
- Is my child reading at grade level with fluency and understanding?
- Is my child writing and speaking well and following rules of punctuation and grammar?
- Is my child building a foundation of knowledge through reading and listening to books in social studies, science and other subjects?
- What are the results of my child’s STAR report? (The STAR report tracks your child’s reading progress at the beginning, middle and end of the school year.)
- What can I do at home to prepare my child?